Join us for hands-on Nursing or Health Sciences Day Camps! Each participant will be awarded a certificate for attending the camp. Upon being selected to attend, the student will receive a packet of information that will require guardian signature and approval, proof of immunization records, as well as additional details. A full schedule of events will be included in the packet of information.
的 Explore Nursing Day Camp will be held June 27, for high school students ages 15-17 and consists of hands-on activities including a nurse shadow experience at Blessing Hospital. Students must be 15 years of age to participate in the shadow experience. Explore Nursing participants will also receive a *$500 scholarship to Blessing-Rieman College of Nursing and Health Sciences.
的 Explore Health Sciences Day Camp will be held June 28, for students ages 13-17 years of age. This day will consist of hands-on activities and presentations to learn more about Respiratory Care, Health 信息 Management, Medical Laboratory Technology, Surgical Technology, 放射学, 和护理.
Schedule of 事件 for Explore Nursing Day Camp
- 8:00 am – 8:15 am – Check-in at the BRCN Sim Center, 5009 Oak Street, 昆西, IL 62305 and Light Breakfast (provided)
- 8:15 am – 9:30 am – Meet with BRCN faculty and review nurse shadow expectations/requirements
- 9:30 am – 11:30 am – Hands-on Simulation 和护理 Skills experience
- 11:30 am – 12:15pm – 招生 counselors will talk about nursing program and requirements, Lunch (provided), 合影
- 12:15 pm – Leave for Blessing Hospital
- 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm – Shadow Registered Nurses on the hospital floors of Blessing Hospital
- 4:00 pm – 4:30 pm – Closing, reflection on the day, and awarding of participation certificate
- 4:30 pm – Bus returns campers to Sim Center
Schedule of 事件 for Explore Health Sciences Day Camp
- 8:00 am - 8:15 am - Check-in at the BRCN Sim Center, 5009 Oak Street, 昆西, IL 62305 and light breakfast (provided)
- 8:15 am - 8:30 am - Welcome, Introductions, and Surveys
- 8:30 am - 9:45 am - Hands-on Nursing and Respiratory skill experiences
- 9:45 am - 10:00 am - Break
- 10:00 am - 11:00 am - Hands-on Radiological and Surgical Technology skills experiences
- 11:00 am - 12:00 pm - Multi-Discipline Simulation
- 12:00 pm - 12:30 pm - 招生 counselors will talk about the programs and requirements, Lunch (provided), 合影
- 12:30 pm - 1:00 pm - Medical Lab Technology
- 1:00 pm - 1:30 pm - Closing, reflection on the day, and awarding of participation certificate
For any questions, please contact the 招生 Office at 1-800-877-9140 Ext. 6905. Your $20 registration deposit can be mailed to BRCN, Attn: Karen Peter, 3609 N. Marx Drive, 昆西, IL 62305.
*Awarding of the scholarship does not automatically guarantee admission to Blessing-Rieman College of Nursing and Health Sciences. Students must meet all admissions requirements at the time of applying to BRCN.